Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 26, 2008

A Rainy Afternoon

It has been raining since dawn today and weather forecast says that the rain will continue till this Sunday. There goes my plan for shopping tomorrow and any Sunday family outing. Ry is so used to going out with me almost everyday either to grocery shopping, playground or playgroup that it is obvious that he was very bored today. He took out his toys in the morning to get me to play with him for a short while. After that, he just watched the tv the whole morning while I was busy cooking lunch.

To prevent him from spending too much time in front of the tv, I decided to get him to do some painting and doodling with the newly bought Crayola toddler pens. They should be called colour balls instead since they are round like balls so that they are easy for the fat chubby hands of toddlers. Ry spent a good whole 45 minutes doodling on the papers that were pasted on his new Ikea table. I thought the paint should be easy to remove from the table but I've forgotten that the exception is wood. So, the wooden edge is stained with the paint. I feel so sad and sayang as this is a brand new table that we just bought for Ry last Sunday.

One thing I've noticed recently is that Ry doesn't like things that are stuck to his hands and fingers. He would always try to shake off whatever that is stuck to his fingers or hands. If he cannot do so, he would raise his hands to us and whine so that we would remove it from him.

So obviously, he was fascinated by the paint staints on his fingers and hands today. The following video showed him examining his own fingers and it is really quite funny. I think I have a little scientist in my home from the way Ry examines, observes and tests himself with the paints - all part of the scientific process.



No comments: