Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Little Assistant

According to experts, toddlers like to imitate the grown ups. One way to encourage that is to get them involved in your chores. Recently, Ry has also grown to become my little personal assistant. The first time I realised that was when I was doing my laundry on Tuesday. I have always bring Ry along with me to the laundry room. As usual, I called for him to sit by the door to put on his shoes. He came running to me and suddenly did a U-turn and ran toward the bathroom. He then came out with a bottle of laundry detergent. He had realised that I forgot to bring along the detergent. Throughout the whole journey to the laundry room, he held on to the bottle of detergent and refused to let go of it even when climbing the stairs. When we returned home, he even went to keep the detergent in the cabinet. Ry was so happy and proud when I praised him for his good job.

The same thing repeated today when I did my laundry. Ry has taken ownership of the task of bringing the detergent and he even refused my offer to help him with it when I saw him struggling with it.





Also, Ry has taken on the chore of helping me sort out items in my grocery bags after we come home from grocery shopping. It was funny when K came home just now and almost scolded Ry for stepping into the kitchen. I stopped him and told him, "He's helping me. He's my little assistant. Thank you Ry!"Ry seemed to understand what I was saying and came out all beaming with proud smiles.









No comments: