Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy CNY to all!

I have been very busy over the time leading and up to CNY, partly because of work and partly because of family committments, which explains the lack of updates. My sister-in-law and her family came back from Hong Kong to spend CNY here, which resulted my mil being very stressed and I got to help out to take care of baby Br so that she can run grocery and marketing trips to get things ready for reunion dinner and CNY. In the end, we had reunion dinner on Friday, 12 Feb at a restaurant of having home-cooked food because my mil can't cope with cooking for the huge family and the work of taking care of three young kids.

Still, CNY was still a great time especially so this year since we had a longer break as it spreads over the weekend. Ry is now old enough to understand and appreciate the concept of CNY and I must pay kudos to his preschool to teach him how to "bai4 nian2", say auspicious greetings and teaching them things related to CNY. I was pleasantly surprised when we heard him say "gong xi fai cai" which sounded like "gong3 xi2 fa cai4 " as usual with an ang mo slang to it and happily saying "happy new year" to the elders.

Baby Br is a bit unsettled when my baby niece arrives from Hong Kong. I guessed he felt threatened by another baby so he was extremely clingy to me and my mil if I'm not around. Still, he was getting cuter by the day and we look forward to his first year birthday soon! He had started babbling, "bi di, bi di" and say "bao bao" with his arms opened if he wants us to carry him.

Will update CNY photos in the next post. 3

No comments: