Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 21, 2010

CNY picture updates!

Today marks the 8th day of Lunar New year by which most Hokkiens would 拜天公 at the strike of twelve in the midnight. Having 2 young kids, I'm spared from the praying so that I can stay at home to take care of them and tuck them into bed but dear hubby would have to go over to my mil's place to pray for the whole family instead, which is usually followed by a sumptuous supper of the offerings after the elaborate praying. So, I thus have the time to upload some photos taken during CNY, which I promised in my previous post. You will probably notice that all the photos are of my husband's family side because during CNY, my parents went to Hokaiddo for vacation.

Ryan and my nephew, Charles goofing around before the dishes were served at our early reunion dinner on 12th Feb, Friday evening.

The first complete family portrait of my hubby's family, which is a rare occasion as my sister-in -law and her family (i.e. the family of 3 standing besides me) stays in Hong Kong.
My mil, baby Brendan and my baby niece, Jaslyn on the first day of Lunar New Year. Remember that I said in the earlier post, Br was feeling insecure during this period as he felt the threat from the other baby.

We were supposed to dress the boys in the traditional Chinese costumes together with my nephew, by which my mum already tailored and altered the 2 suits for them from a "mian ao" that I orignially bought for Ry 2 years ago from HK. However, we decided against it after waking up in the morning in sweltering heat, so decided to dress the boys in bright orange instead. My hubby even joked that we brought 3 oranges to "bai nian" when we carry Br, as he looked like a round mandarin orange.

Ryan putting on the traditional hat with a pigtail that belongs to my nephew and demonstrating a "wong fei hong" stance. I thought Ry has the little emperor look with the hat on. Wonder anyone agree with me?

The first picture of the four cousins together. Don't think we'll have any more additional children in our family in the near future, unless one day, I decided to try again for a girl, which is highly unlikely looking at the circumstances now.

The second family portrait at my brother-in-law's home on the second day of CNY. I love this series of photos because they are really well-taken with the mini-tripod stand, and every kid in the family is paying attention due to the blinking light from the self-timer.
































.


No comments: