Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 17, 2008

Toilet Training our Little One!

Ever since Ry hits the 18th mth old mark, K has been badgering me to start toilet training for Ry. But I've kept procrastinating ever since and had been giving reasons like, "it's hard for me to do so when I keep bringing him out" or "he won't poop if we start disturbing him during his business" etc. Basically, it is just me not feeling confident enough to start so and not seeing the need upon seeing so many other mums comfortable with their babies wearing diapers even when they are 2 yrs old, although I understand from books that it is okay to start toilet training from 18 mths old.

But a rare chance came last Friday when Ry was doing his big business. As usual, he likes to stand still while doing it and when he's done, he would run off to the changing room to get his diaper changed when I asked him, "do u want to change?". So when I removed his diaper and saw that he had not pooped but still have the urge of doing it, I quickly seized the opportunity and brought him to the toilet and put on the new child toilet seat that we have bought for months, while hastily removing the plastic cover and hoping Ry won't pooped on the floor. And guess what, Ry successfully pooped in the toilet! I was so happy and allowed him to flush the toilet himself. He was so proud and so happy to be able to flush the toilet as he has always been fascinated by the lever ever since he understands its function.

For the next 2 days, I was trying to hope to catch him in his big business action so that we can redo the toilet training thing again but he did not go, much to the disappointment of daddy who wants to catch him in action too! However, this morning, Ry successfully did his big business again in the toilet!

I would have never guess that being parents can make one so proud of such a small, little unattractive and embarrassing issue of the little one pooping! Regardless, I'm still elated that Ry managed to do it twice in a row and I guess I would be toilet training him for peeing soon in the next month or so, I hope! And daddy would be so happy that he won't have to spend that much of money buying diapers!

No comments: