Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Why do I miss Boston?

I have been retelling my life in Boston to many people I met recently including my colleagues, relatives and friends. The more I retell my time as SAHM, the more nostalgic I became of our life in Boston that was just merely two months ago.

What do I miss?
1. I miss the crisp, cool and fresh air in Boston!
Baby Br and I have been coughing non-stop since we are back in SG. The doctor said that I have bronchitis and it being a result of us not used to the dusty air in SG. Now, Ry is down with the cough too! I really miss our great health back in Boston!

2. I miss the fresh fruits like strawberries, blueberries and the crisp vegetables.
SG depends so much on the import of our fresh produce that it is difficult for us to get really fresh vegetables nowadays especially during rainy season or the price is extremely expensive! K and I think it is a joke that we call SG a food haven when most our food do not taste as nice and fresh without the extra seasonings.

3. I miss the four seasons and especially the winter and snow!
Although it is freezing cold in Boston, we would rather stay there then wilt in our humid weather where Br and I often gets bouts of eczema flaring because of the sweat and humidity. I sorely miss the winter now as Christmas creeps close and without the cold and snow, Christmas season just simply lost its appeal!

4. I miss the great service and friendly chit chats with strangers!
Enough has been said about the poor service in SG! I think I would rather pay the 15 - 20 % gratuity to ensure great and personalised service like those that I have encountered in Boston then to suffer generally poor service when I still need to fork out mandatory 10% service charge, without getting even the slightest smile and thank you from the service staff. Needless to mention that I do not expect to see greetings like "Good Morning" and smiles when you meet strangers on the street or on the trains.

5. I miss my life as a SAHM!
Most importantly, I sorely miss my life as a SAHM when I could whip up my own healthy meals, spend quality time with the kids and plan their daily activities.

No comments: