Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 14, 2009

No more, kar!


"Where's our car?" That's one question I have been asking Ry after we handover the car to the buyer on Tuesday, 11 Aug. And Ry will look along the streets where we usually parked our car and shrugged his shoulders and sometimes mumbled, "no more" - a phrase he recently picked up. Initially, I thought it will be difficult for us to sell away the car and we are already resigned to selling it at a really low price at the end of the month. But sometimes things just turned out fine, and we got a buyer on Sunday night that was willing to pay us three hundred dollars more than what other potential buyers offered so we decided to sell the car immediately. This made our car depreciation to be only at $900 for the past year, which is really cheap compared to the depreciation of SG cars. In fact, we figured that this is cheaper than renting a car occasionally.

After confirming the sale, I was thinking of how am I going to be mobile with my 2 kids here for the remaining 5 weeks or so. I do not think me carrying Br in the carrier and wheeling Ry in the stroller is good for trips longer than 2 hours so I decided to buy a twin stroller, which will enable me to be moving around independently without K. And since I could not figure out how to use the $60 Amazon voucher that K had from his work, I decided to use it to pay for the Jeep twin stroller, which costs $100, meaning that I need to fork out only $40 only. I figured that it will be worth the cost even if I am able to use it for 5 weeks only and decided not to bring back to SG.

So, today, I managed to go to Chinatown and Downtown Crossing alone with the 2 boys to deregister the car and to do some shopping. Generally, the stroller is easy to push despite it is slightly heavy to carry and is sometimes difficult to manueaver through the door as it is wide, I guessed I can't complain much as this is already one of the most compact models I can find. Most importantly, the boys loved it and the seats can even recline individually to allow the boys to sleep comfortably in it. So, I will still recommend this stroller to parents who just want a cheap and functional twin stroller.

No comments: