Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Toilet training 102

Ry is only about 1.5 months away from his 2nd birthday and so I've decided to start toilet training him for his small business. He's long been successfully trained for the big one already and can run off to the toilet to put on his toddler seat ring on the toilet and signal to me that he need to go. Therefore, I thought it would be easy for me to train him for the small business.

But, who knows, my first difficulty is his refusal to put on the training pants. It took me half an hour just to wrestle with him to put on the pants. After that, I tried to bring him to his potty every 2 hours or so but he refused to pee even though he sat on his blue potty. He did pee on his training pants and then insisted that I took it off and later refused to put on the training pants again. He only wants his diaper. So my first day failed badly.

My second day of training with him can only start in the afternoon as we were out for grocery shopping in the morning. He agreed to go to the potty when I asked him to go but still refused to pee in it even though he can sit on it for 10 minutes or so. My disappointment grew stronger. Sigh!

It's already the third day now and today, he refused to go to the potty anymore when I asked him to do so. Seems like I have to give this toilet training business  another try sometime later as I think he is still not ready for it. Probably, I will have to wait till past his 2 year old mark. 

No comments: