Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!

First, a happy new year and a prosperous year ahead to everyone!

The last day of 2008 in Boston ended in a quick but strong snow blizzard, which left about 6 inches of snow on the ground. So welcoming us the first day of 2009 is the white blanket of soft flurry snow on our window ledge and the extreme cold at -15 deg C - something that I know I will sorely miss by the end of the new year. 

Reaching the 1st of Jan also signifies to me that I am officially left with 8 more weeks aka 56 days to seeing the little one and 60 days to Ry's 2nd year. Here I am, still sitting comfortably in my warm living room seeing the day passed, watching the snow fall and teaching our little one how to draw and write while reminiscing the past year and anticipating the coming days. 

Looking back at 2008, I guess it would not be presumptuous for me to say that it is a significant landmark year of my life. For the first part of the year, I was busy juggling my studies, duties as a wife and a mum to a growing toddler with little time for reflections. At the same time, finding myself filled with guilt for not being the dedicated mum I could for my baby even though I was satisfying my intellectual quest of knowledge that I have yearned since I last graduated in 2000. In the second half of the year, I was surprised with myself being able to find peace and satisfaction as a full time mum, indulging myself in the little joy of cooking and baking in my little kitchen for my beloved ones and taking pride when Ry made all his little developmental milestones like taking his first steps, toilet training and brushing his teeth. Last but not least, the joy and excitement of finding out that I am expecting and nurturing another growing homo sapien that would bring much joy, chaos as well as heartbreaks to our family in the coming years.

At this significant first day of the new year, all I sincerely hope for is the smooth delivery of my second child and Ry to blossom into a healthy 2 year old. Not forgetting the rest of my friends too, Happy New Year again and a smooth delivery and pregnancy to all the mummies-to-be in 2009!    

No comments: