Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 16, 2009

3 Weeks in SG!

It is already 3 weeks that we are back in SG! Over the 3 weeks, we have found a 2 bed room condo apartment to rent that is just a stone throw away from my mother-in-law's place, found a new car, gotten the citizenship papers for baby Br and started Ry in preschool / child care for the past week. Not to mention, catching up with our family members, friends and savoring some long-missed local food delicacies like fried prawn mee, fried bee hoon and roti prata.

Having family members around us also mean that we can sometimes offload our kids to their care while hubby and I can have some private time together and could accomplish some tasks quicker without the kids' interruption. While I'm writing this blog, my older boy, Ry is out with his cousin, aunt and ah ma to Vivo City and we are home alone with baby Br waiting to take over the rented apt from its owner. This also means that I have to learn to let go of the caretaking duties of my two dear boys to others and learn to trust the caretakers wholeheartedlly. It is definitely easier to say then done since the two boys have always been around me every second of their waking hours for the past one and a half years. While typing this now, I'm already starting to wonder what is Ry doing now and is he eating his lunch.

Ry has started child care for one whole week and he has transited from a eager child to a crying child by the end of the week ever since he realised that the child care arrangement is permanent. It does break my heart to see him crying at the door and I often wondered at my decision whether it is right or wrong to send him away from home to the care of total strangers at such a young age. Baby Br is getting naughtier but stronger everyday. He had started crawling on fours a week ago and is now getting into fights with Ry since he likes to snatch the toys from his gor gor. We have been trying to bottle feed Br but had failed terribly and he rather wailed and starved himself while I'm away.

Updated vital stats of the boys:

Ry's weight: 13.1 kg (residing at 75th percentile according to SG weight chart)

Br's weight: 9.1 kg (residing at 90th percentile according to SG weight chart)

1 comment:

Brainjuice said...

Jiahui, I can really relate to how you are feeling right now, about "subbing" the care-giving out to relatives.

On one hand, relief, and on the other, a struggle to "let go". I feel jealous too... but I know at the end of the day my babies will still know who their mommy is. That's something nobody can ever take away from you.